Monday, April 7, 2008

Baby Nicholas' photo shoot

I stole my neighbors baby to use as a subject for my growing photography hobby and got about five minutes in with him before he started screaming his head off! (this may have been due to me shoving a cute little beanie on his tiny head, lesson learned!) I decided not only would it be a great way to practice my photography, but also to play around with Photoshop and learn some new techniques using my new book. I also used my new Pinkletoes PT4P membership to design an announcement for them. But...Pinkletoes deserves its own blog entry, so I will save that for when I have created more stuff!!

[I am now shooting in RAW, and post processing in Photoshop. I wanted to create a warm glow, so I adjusted the temperature of the lighting. I also removed the bags under his eyes and softened his skin blemishes.]

And a couple more from our session:

[Little boy didn't want a beanie on!]


[Practicing the "sparkle eyes" technique. Lighting was right, his point of focus wasn't. ]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice my lady! You are surely going to have to teach me a thing or two!

emily griffith said...

Shawna,

Thanks so much for your comment and advice on how to hyper-link! I appreciate it! Thanks also for the pinkletoes reference...my mom mentioned it to me as well...great site! And way to go with your blog as well! I'll add you to my rss feed...your works looks great! Keep it up!