Sunday, April 6, 2008

Love that Alexis Stewart


Sooo...if you ever have a Martha-ish question and you want to know the official answer, I have found a direct line to THE expert.

The background: a friend & I, who love spending afternoons browsing the Martha Baking Handbook, were looking for new recipes to try. Maggie wanted to try Martha's particularly difficult recipe for Canneles [this is not the recipe, but close]. The trouble she ran into was the expense of the molds, which run about $15-20 each. We don't have a lot of selection here in the Midwest, so online resources are crucial. Not knowing where to look, I thought I would take a shot in the dark and email Alexis using her talk radio email address. [whateverradio@gmail.com]

Here's the amazing thing: Within an hour, Alexis had personally emailed me back! She included a couple of extremely helpful links, including one for molds for $5 each. So...that being said, I am an even greater fan of hers!!!

These are the links she recommended (in case, of course, you ever have the urge to spend two days making canneles!):

No comments: