Monday, April 14, 2008

Dreaming big...

Hello friends! After a long week, we have found & purchased what is our dream home for this point in our lives. My mind is working in overdrive rearranging furniture in my head and planning color schemes. I am pleasantly overwhelmed. Tomorrow I get to pick out all of my cabinets, carpets, appliances and tile so I am trying to get my color scheme nailed down. This is a very exciting time for us! I will try and share my planning and "making it work" strategies here. My current struggle: finding a way to make all my curtains work in my new 9' ceiling home! I am trying to be creative! Thinking of adding contrasting panels on the bottom of each one with a coordinating fabric/ribbon/something(?) thrown in the middle to spice them up. Ohhhh what fun this is! For now, here is my dreamy new home:



This will be my peaceful view from the kitchen, living room, master bedroom & future nursery. This was a HUGE selling point for me! You don't usually find this with new construction:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is soooo amazing! Once again, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Soo exciting, and it makes it so much more fun with picking out your own things! So much more personal :)

Anonymous said...

Brand new construction! We definitely don't have that down here! Congratulations! We miss San Antonio so much. Our first house in Phoenix was brand new and there was something so cool about being the first person to live there. I can't wait to see what you do with this blank canvas!