Sunday, February 24, 2008

Paint, Paint, Paint!!!

Paint is one of my personal obsessions. Being an art minor, I have always loved mixing, experimenting and artfully combining colors. From canvas to walls to furniture, I am obsessed with finding the perfect color.

My sister-in-law is in the middle of a huge home renovation and has repainted most walls in her home. She introduced me to a website that is the most amazing color site I have seen. If you have a bit of time to kill and are thinking about repainting...you have to check out MyPerfectColor.com!! She now swears by the Benjamin Moore brand of paint. I cannot yet personally attest to this, but she says the quality and hue is far better quality than the Behr paint she used before.

Some of the great features you will find on MyPerfectColor include:

Have fun!!! Always feel free to email me if you want to talk about color--I love it and have helped a lot of people choose the right ones. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS SITE!!! oh my gosh I can't believe you found this. Thank you for posting this. I have never seen this sample can, how cool! Those little jars dont come in all the colors but these do and they are bigger. My favorite has to be that I can modify the colors lighter or darker. I cant tell you how many times the color I love just needs to be a tad ligther. I am going to buy the Pottery Barn Spring collection and the MPC Earthen Serenity. I always figured that paint could not be shipped because of high shipping prices, they list the shipping prices and they are cheap, it's cheaper then spending the gas and time of going to the store and not finding what I want anyway. I thank you so much for sharing myperfectcolor with me.

Maria

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] said...

Maria, so glad I could help! If you want to sound fancy when you are dealing with the paint, making paint a lighter shade means adding white and artists refer to this as "tinting." To make a shade darker, black is added which is referred to as "toning." Kim said you can add any percentage of the hue formulation to a gallon. Wonderful!