Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No more matchy matchy!

I have spent far too many years buying everything that came in the pottery barn catalog and decided that, starting with this house, I am going to refuse to be soooooo commercial. I really don't want my space to look like anyone else's and if I buy the whole page from PB, it will look like a clone of someone else's place in anywhere, USA. Surely I will pick up generic pieces here & there but this is my declaration: my house will have as many one of a kind pieces as possible! So, that being said, meet my new throw pillows! All unique...different patterns, textures, fabrics. Haven't figured out the right arrangement yet...but at least it is interesting to look at! If you really pay attention to high end designer looks, there is always a very deliberate mismatch of fabrics that wind up looking so interesting you cant take your eyes off them. So here's your challenge: think outside the pottery barn box!

Shawna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I especially love the orange pillow with the bow on it! It all looks so lovely!