Wednesday, August 6, 2008

they say go with your gut...

and my gut is speaking loudly.

Most of you know I recently relocated and am "in between" careers. I did everything I could to transfer with my previous job. It was great. Great company. Great products. Great colleagues. I just don't think that my heart lies in selling drugs. I was good at it, but I think you can be good at anything if you try really hard. Doesn't mean you're gonna be happy.

My wonderful husband told me that I could do whatever I wanted to do when we got down here, as long as I did something so I didn't go stir crazy. So here I am. Trying to find out what that something is. It's exciting, it's scary, it's confusing. "Do whatever you want babe, I want you to be happy" but what will make me happy?!?

I have put the feelers out to see if there is a genuine need for color & decorative consulting and as it turns out, there certainly is! Just through my wonderful new network of military wives I have three interested "clients" that are inviting me into their homes. So...I am running with it. I am building my portfolio. (for free, so if you live in San Antonio and need some help with your home and are willing to let me take pictures, let me know!) Funny thing is, I don't even consider it work...I am genuinely excited! I think that says something...

So I am running with it...as fast as I can.

Shawna

1 comment:

ashley said...

Are you sure you don't want to come here and decorate my house?!?! :)