Monday, July 21, 2008

And just when she thought the world was coming to an end...

...THERE WAS TARGET.

No really. Target saved me from my 48 hour obsession...aaaaand breakdown over how shitty of a "designer" I am. (correction: thought I was)

You see, it all started with a stupid TV show ...which led to a bedroom color that I thought would be a good idea (charcoal-ish)...which led to a duvet that I thought would be perfect...fast forward two months...

Looks like SHIT. No really. Hate my furniture. Hate my taste. Hate my bedroom (which let me tell you, is NOT the room in the house you want to hate). On the verge of hating the house because apparently my design expertise doesn't exist outside ekru, olive, chocolate and russet. (those are colors, promise)

So...ordered duvet #2 which allegedly would make color #1 work. Negative. Made me hate it more.

Now I am $60 in the whole on shipping because someone thought San Antonio didn't need a crate & barrel. Ready to paint the room a new color and ahhhhh[higher note]ahhhhhh[lowest note]ahhhh...I visited target. Found the piece that will tie it all together. hallelujah. I can now sleep soundly.

Now color goes with duvet #3 [well, we'll see when it comes in the mail, ordered in clay] which is tied together by this lovely throw.

crisis averted...


[bedroom now...]

[pintucked duvet...bottom of the pile...backordered till september and yes, the colors are off on the screen...]

I think I need a job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Target is awesome, isn't it? I REALLY hate that I have to drive an hour to get to one. I didn't understand why San Antonio doesn't have a Crate & Barrel either. There is a nice one an hour away in Austin, which sucks to have to make that drive, but it's better than the 4 1/4 hour drive we have to make to get to the closest one in Atlanta. :) When are you going to put pictures up of the house? I'm dying over here! :) Maybe just one room...

Anonymous said...

you need a job!