Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm alive! Promise!

Oh my what a month it has been! I have to get painting our bedroom but since so many of you have been kind enough to ask how things are going I am going to do a short picture blog--more pictures than words! Short update: Made it to Texas, moved stuff into storage, stayed with a friend for three weeks since house wasn't ready, I went to Germany, made it back, moved stuff out of storage & into house & now we are getting settled! Tommy officially starts tomorrow so here we go!!!!

[favorite part of front exterior: carriage style shutters, complete with polka dots & stripes!]

[living room, basic beige selected. Ralph Lauren paint, color matched to Behr Gallery Taupe since I hate Behr paint! Curtain sample draped over entertainment unit, will cover all windows on first floor living area/kitchen. See a few posts back for the inspiration, dark orange pillows & one orange wall to come]

[ugh...slowly but surely. I can only reach the first two shelves in each cabinet so that stupid step stool will be a permanent fixture. Paneling visible on back of cabinets will be replaced since it isn't the right color, chandelier has been replaced by my wonderful hubby! Love my sparkly new fridge!!]

[back splash view. so glad we did this upgrade, I love it!!! all outlets will be replaced with black covers so they dont stick out so bad!]

[loft area, getting ready for a ceiling fan. walls will be darker sagey green]

[Rusty, so glad to be home from three weeks of daycare, is mesmerized by our new LG Tromm steam washer & dryer! He keeps staring at them go round & round and gets extra confused when they play their song at the end of each cycle!]

6 comments:

Anne said...

Yay, you're alive & you updated!! Guess what - June is over! You have survived the most stressful month of your life yet! :) The house looks great so far, and I can only imagine how much more awesome it will look very soon. Good luck getting everything settled! Can't wait to see the Germany pics.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so beautiful already, I can't wait to see your added touch. I love reading your blog for inspiration for when we buy our first home in a year or so. :-)

Anonymous said...

It all looks wonderful, I can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks wonderful, I can't wait to see more!

ashley said...

Whew... I feel worn out just thinking of all you've been up to!! The house looks AMAZING! We close on our house tomorrow... super excited! June has definitely been the "calm before the storm" for us... July should be an adventure! Looking forward to seeing some more pics!

The Ratcliff's said...

the house looks awesome already shauna!! good work. LOVE LOVE LOVE the kitchen!