Monday, March 3, 2008

No End in Sight.

Let me preface this post with this: my blog is not about politics. It is about creativity and education. The subject matter is creative education about politics.

As a lover of documentary film, I find myself searching for works of art that are informative, unbiased and can hold my attention. I usually tend to shy away from political pieces as it is hard to find anything that comes out of Hollywood representing anything but the far left. About a month ago, we received the film No End in Sight from Netflix and have had it just sitting in our house not really enthusiastic about watching it. We finally got around to it this weekend and it is by far, the best documentary I have seen. If you think you have an opinion about this war, watch this film and see what more you can gather. The film includes very little narration and is composed of first hand accounts from extremely credible sources: insiders in the pentagon, white house and battle field. I am more passionate about this, given the state of our country's future, than anything I have ever written on this blog. [correction: learn doggy CPR, then watch this film]

As a political moderate who usually leans left, I thought I knew who I was voting for. After this film I have a new candidate; and its not who I thought it would be.


"THE MOST IMPORTANT MOVIE YOU ARE LIKELY TO SEE THIS YEAR"

2007 Academy Award Best Documentary Feature Nominee

No comments: