Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sticks & Ice

I found this website a couple years ago and thought it was such a simple concept, but really cool. Sticks & Stones allows you to select from an assortment of photographs of shapes found in public places that happen to look like letters. You pick what you want it to spell and which exposure of each letter you prefer and just like that, the company makes hundreds of dollars per framed set.
One of the things I wanted to do with my new camera was do my own version of this. I am in the infant stages of learning to photograph correctly but here is my first attempt at a "Y", taken on the foggy, icy, cold morning that was today:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. The depth of field is well done! Isn't photography fun?

Anne said...

That's so neat Shawna! Your pictures below of the furbabies are awesome, I love the one of Rusty's nose.
What kind of camera did you get?