Friday, October 12, 2007

Marketing & Music

Recently, I have realized that my main exposure to music and especially new music comes from TV. Whether it's a commercial or the brilliant track set to a scene, I find that the media has introduced me to my recent artists of choice. I have saved FEIST in my Sirius Satellite radio player so anytime the group comes on, I can sample their music. My other current pick is Regina Spektor, who's music has also caught my attention on TV. Can you figure out where they were exposed? (answers at the bottom) Neither of these clips are their most exposed tracks, but both were on TV this week.


FEIST


REGINA SPEKTOR
(first 40 sec)
ANSWERS:
FEIST: This song was in the opening scene of Grey's Anatomy, 10/11. You know them from the iTunes commercials advertising the new nano as the group that sings 1, 2, 3, 4, tell me that you love me more...
Regina Spektor: This song is the current JC Penny's ad. You know her from Fidelity, overplayed on the radio.
Music promotion is changing.

No comments: